1) All entrants must be unsigned
2) Only singers under the age of 18 can enter the Under 18's category (i.e 17)
3) All solo entrants must be over the age of 18
4) Anyone, of any age and location can enter the Under 18 Category
5) Anyone over the age of 18 and a UK National can enter the Solo competition and win it.
6) Previous winners will not be eligable for the subsequant 2 competitions
7) The judges decisions are final and we ask all competitors to be respectful of others
8) The competition is free to enter and we NEVER charge anything at any point throughout the competition
Official Judging Criteria for all rounds
1. VOCAL (50%)
Vocal Technique – Tone Quality, Breath Support, Intonation, Diction and Articulation
Rhythm & Tempo – Voice in relation to music
2. EXPRESSION (30%)
Performance – How well the performer is able to express the meaning and mood of the song
3. SHOWMANSHIP (20%)
Show Design – Music Selection, Effective use of Stage and Performance Area, Outfit and style
Entertainment Value – The judges’ reaction to the overall performance
Filming and Shooting Videos & Audio Information
· You may sing in any language
· You can shoot your video indoors, outdoors, home, wherever… Just remember that your singing performance has to be the main thing in the video.
· You may use a microphone or you may also sing straight in the camera’s mic.
· You may use a mixer, compressor, EQ, reverb etc. as long as the vocal performance is live.
· The video has to be one shot and no editing is allowed.
· The video has to be shot only after you have received these instructions and it must not be published anywhere before this competition
· No editing of the sound or lip syncing - we have the technology to verify this!
· We has the right to disqualify a video if we find it has been edited in any way and we have the technical means to check.
· The max length of a video is 8 minutes.
· The max size of one video is 500 mb.
· All videos must be shot from the front so that your fact is visible. The singer has to be visible through the whole video.
· Shot from close enough so that you can be seen and heard well
· Shot from enough distance so that the music can also be heard in case you’re singing straight in your camera
The video must NOT include
· other people
· any kind of brands, logos etc
· any kind of messages that can be interpreted as offensive
· anything you do not have permission to include